Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sneaky Cheesy Potato Soup

Savory Potato Cheese Soup
(an adapted recipe)

2.5 pounds of potatoes diced

1/2 red pepper diced

1/2 onion diced

2 24oz containers of chicken broth

1/2 stick butter

(My Veggie Additions)
1 sweet potato diced
1 head of cauliflower (or half a bag of frozen)
1 package of mushrooms (if I am blending it i dont cut them small, but if I blend it i will just chunk them up)

Simmer that all together until the potatoes are soft. (Sometimes I have to add a bit more water or chicken stock.)

Add 1/2 package cream cheese

Add 8 oz shredded other cheese (if i use sharp i dont use all 8 ozs to save myself some fat)

Stir until melted.

In a bowl, add 1/3 cup flour and 1/3 cup warm water. Whisk until in lumps are gone then stir into soup to thicken.
Serve as is, or blend to make a creamy soup that hides those veggies perfectly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts